Friday, April 6, 2012

Daffodil Easter

First day of Spring Break!  Time to set the table, shop local stores for last minute Easter bargains, and celebrate feeling better (cough, cough, cough all week). I set my heart and quest on daffodils, but could only find two small pots ($3.99) at the local nursery, and one larger pot with blooms that probably won't make it to Sunday (thus marked down by the sympathetic grower).  I picked up an almost blossoming tulip to exchange as needed.  The little pots are wrapped in extra cloth napkins, then tied with an elastic string.
Second day of Spring Break, I stopped by  Tuesday Morning and found a missing goblet ($1.99) to another set that I only had seven.  These are recylced green glass goblets purchased on shopgoodwill.com.  Now I have eight.  Which do you prefer?  I think I like the green goblets!







I love my bird plates form Pier One and butterfly and firefly napkin rings.  Spring has arrived when they come out.
Green flatware from World Market, and Home Goods little bunny dishes that will sport candy.
 
 Glass eggs and sage colored stones from Crate and Barrel (used the sage stones in a St. Patty's table).

 Water goblets with yellow bubble stems, missing one so will be on the hunt.
Little dish found while checking out of Home Goods. They do know where to place the adult candy for last minute sales.
 

 Can't wait for Easter, joy, celebration, family, and alleluia.
 Hope to share with some fun parties later this week.  May your week be filled with Easter Joy.
Feathered Nest Friday
Show and Tell Saturday 

Sharing Saturday 

~CJ

Tablescape
Plates
Soltis, Pier One two years ago
Bird Plate, Pier One, one year ago
Flatware, World Market, currently in stock online
Yellow Stem Goblet, Home Goods, years ago
Green Recylcled Glass Goblets, shopgoodwill.com
Glass bunnies, Home Goods, (sale $4)
Table cloth and napkins, Home Goods, three years ago
Napkin Rings, Home Goods, two years ago
Salad Bowl, Goodwill find, two years ago
Glass eggs, Crate & Barrel, two hours ago (Sale 12 for $9.99)

8 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful, CJ! I love the cloth, so pretty! Very Springy, not just for Easter.
    Yellow stems, love them! Link this up next Wed at Let's Dish. Link is up at 7 PM every Wed!
    A blessed Easter, Alleluia indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table! I especially like the butterfly napkin rings...or maybe the glass eggs :-)

    Thanks for stopping by earlier and taking a moment to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your daffodil themed tablescape. My favorite flower and I think your look beautiful. Pretty tablecloth. Lucky you to find your last goblet at Tuesday Morning. I've had lucky finds there too. Thanks for sharing you lovely Easter table.

    ~Emily
    the French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, Thanks so much for taking the time to stop for a visit. Such a beautiful tablescape, with the plates and the napkin rings. I have to tell you I loved the scarf you made. You are one talented lady.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The daffodil's are just gorgeous and I love the bird plate. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little cabbage dish with the bunnies on the ends is just too cute for words! That will work well with a lot of table settings!!! Glad you were able to find an 8th on the green goblets. I do prefer them on this table. If you were serving both water and another beverage, you could easily use both the green and the yellow. They would look great side-by-side! Neat table!!! It has been a week since you posted this, so I hope you are feeling 100% by now. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty table! Love the daffodil centerpiece! It is so pretty . . and I love that little bunny dish as well! Your plates are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday link party. hope to see you there today!

    Natasha xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouraging messages! No anonymous messages. Thanks!~CJ