Sunday, January 2, 2011

Knit Infant Cocoon Pod Nest Wrap

The need to create is a mighty urge.  This year I taught myself to knit (still learning) but I'm effusive about knitting, loving the multi-colored and textured yarns, bamboo needles and lovely creations/designs posted on blogs.  I've made numerous small blankets in a variety of bright colors, baby gifts and home throws.  Hmmmm, what to make next?

My granddaughter Lyla slept swaddled in sweet lightweight blankets for the first four months of her life.  But she didn't use knitted blankets like I had used with my sweet babies - and for good reason. The swaddle blankets don't come undone and hold baby secure all night/nap long.  So, thought I, what can I knit for the numerous upcoming baby showers that these new mommies might use for swaddling?  That's when I came across this pattern for the Laurel Baby Cocoon on a wonderful blog, All You Need is Love.

http://mrsmissymuffet.blogspot.com/2010/02/laurel-love-cocoon.html

I made a few alterations and added a little hat.  I work with three teachers that are expecting little ones this year. Can't wait to make more of these to give as gifts.


 How sweet is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your encouraging messages! No anonymous messages. Thanks!~CJ